Keeping You and Our Team Safe
The world has been through a lot over the last few months, and like you, we are glad to resume some of our normal habits and routines. We are open and are excited to welcome you back!
What do I need to know for my appointment?
You will notice some changes when it is time for your next appointment. First, in advance of your appointment, we will need you to review the mandatory questions below, and call us if you answer ‘Yes’ to any of them. The screening questions will be asked again upon arrival.
Mandatory Screening Questions:
- Do you, or have you had, any flu-like symptoms in the last 10 days, such as:
- Cough or shortness of breath
- Or at least 2 of these symptoms:
- fever or chills
- fatigue or malaise
- muscle aches
- nausea or vomiting
- sore throat
- new loss of taste or smell
- Are you awaiting results of a lab test for COVID-19 or have you tested positive for COVID-19? If so, when?
- In the past 14 days, have you:
- or a family member previously been asked to self-isolate or self-quarantine?
- had close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19?
- traveled to a region with high rates of COVID-19 disease activity?
- Are you over the age of 70, or do you have any of the following health conditions: serious respiratory disease; serious heart condition; immunocompromised condition; severe obesity; diabetes; kidney disease or dialysis; liver disease; pregnancy.
Patient Guidelines and Protocol:
Please follow these guidelines during your arrival and visit. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
- Patients and practitioners will wear masks during the appointment. Please arrive with a mask if you have one. Please also bring a pen for any paperwork you may need to complete.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your appointment.
- Please come to your appointment alone. If someone has accompanied you, they will need to wait outside of the clinic, except in exceptional circumstances.
- Please use the washroom in the hallway before your appointment and wash your hands thoroughly. Our clinic washroom is unfortunately no longer available for patient use.
- Limit the number of items brought into the clinic.
- Make liberal use of the sanitizing stations and be mindful of not touching surfaces or your face during your appointment.
- If you need to cough or sneeze at any point, please advise the practitioner as soon as possible and direct it into a tissue or your sleeve at the elbow. You will then be required to sanitize again.
- Please respect social distancing as much as possible while in our clinic.
What we’ve been doing
Our team has been busy updating and implementing enhanced standards to ensure the safety of our staff and patients. We are continuing to monitor, meet and exceed the recommendations provided by public health officials and infection prevention and control experts such as: the BC Provincial Health Officer and the Minister of Health, the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC), the College of Dental Surgeons of BC (CDSBC), and the BC Dental Association (BCDA).
Some of the additional guidelines and protocols we are implementing include:
- Mandatory screening questions reviewed by patients prior to their appointment, and again upon arrival
- Team training on increased infection control and patient management procedures
- Enhanced screening and physical distancing protocols
- Installation of a surgically clean air purification system that filters out viral and bacterial particles and re-energizes the air with negative ions (replacing the air throughout the office in minutes)
- Clinical procedures that greatly reduce aerosol production
- Fewer patients and extended appointment times to allow for increased safety measures
- Proper personal protective equipment (our team will look a little bit different!)
- Increased professional and ongoing disinfection of clinical areas and common areas
- Our Exposure Control / Safety Plan is available for review in our office
Our dedicated team is excited to have you back in the clinic. Remember that your dental care is part of your total overall health and maintaining a strong immune system.
– Dr. Franco Girard and the Oaklands Dental Team
*** Links for further COVID-19 Related Updates and Resources ***